Whether you are just starting out on your career, or you have got a whole wealth of experience to bring to TJB Super Yachts, we want to hear from you!
Type of contract
Commission only OTE £200k plus benefits
About the role
TJB Super Yachts is seeking to recruit an energetic and target-driven sales professional to join its talented and successful team. To support its planned expansion, within the yachting sector, TJB Super Yachts needs an experienced salesperson to sell both charters and yachts direct to HNW’s. The Sales Broker will have a demonstrable track record of selling, negotiating and closing large deals ideally within the yachting sector. He/She will act as a brand ambassador for TJB Super Yachts, be a natural relationship builder, be customer-centric always going over and above for every client request and have a passion for yachts with either technical knowledge or intimate knowledge of key yachting destinations.
What you will be doing
- Achieve or exceed monthly targets
- Respond quickly, knowledgeably, and professionally to inbound inquiries for both yacht charters and yacht sales
- Position TJB Super Yachts for continued success through a thoughtful sales business plan/strategy
- Proactively identify and prospect new potential clients then contact them by cold call or email which generates solid leads
- Engage and convert an assigned database of clients
- Maintain reports and update database accurately and with integrity
- Attend weekly sales meetings
- Attend trade events, familiarisation yacht trips, or meet clients face to face when needed
- Relationship building with yacht captains and central agents
- Account management of client from contract execution to following up post charter to ensure satisfaction
- English fluency is essential with an additional language as advantageous (French, Russian, German preferred) • Strong commercial acumen and ability to engage in pursuing new business and have an entrepreneurial spirit when it comes to building own client base
- Provable experience in operating in the ultra-high net worth space and understand how to sell to them from a value vs. price disposition
- Organised and attention to detail with contracts and reporting
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and prioritise tasks
- Collaborate with/and support Marketing to ensure that communications are aligned
Candidates with previous experience or job titles including Sales Broker, Junior Sales Executive, Business Development Manager, Business Development Executive, Account Manager, Yacht Broker, Luxury Sales Executive, Yacht Sales Executive may also be considered for this role.
About the role
The dedicated team of highly skilled and passionate brokers provide a personal service for every charter or sale. TJB Super Yachts works with an established network of yacht owners and yacht seekers in the yachting industry. This means that whatever their client’s requirements, TJB Brokers ensure it is best placed to find the perfect yacht for them.
What you will de doing
- Build and maintain relationships with HNW/UHNWI’s and actively promote the business to clientele
- Manage client requests at all hours and stay in touch with prospects and availability of yachts, timings and charters
- Manage destinations/routing and promote cruise locations/ideas to interested parties
- Generate personal charter sales according to set targets
- Develop & grow personal client book and expand conversion rate for bookings in order to grow the business
- Assist other TJB Charter Retail Brokers in the development + expansion of their book of business
- Provide fast & effective service and ensure seven-star service for our clients
- Actively promote the company’s offerings across a variety of yacht classes to both retail and institutional parties
- Assist in constantly upgrading, improving and streamlining the department
- Develop relationships with TJB’s other business divisions to maximize internal business potential.
- Keep up to date with industry news and react quickly to capitalize on opportunities
Experience and Requirements
- A foreign language would be advantageous
- Extensive end to end sales experience (3 years +)
- Extensive luxury yacht market experience (3 years +)
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Ability to travel both within the UK and overseas on a regular basis
- Proactive self-starter who can work on their own initiative
- Flexibility and the ability to manage time effectively to meet client needs
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion where applicable
- Honesty and a high level of integrity
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong ability to negotiate
- Excellent standard of both verbal and written communication
Type of contract
Permanent, 40 hours a week
Between £30-40k + uncapped commission
About the Role
Do you love working in the world of Luxury Travel? We are one of London’s most prestigious Super Yacht brokerage houses currently seeking an ambitious sales person to join our fast-growing Global Travel Division. If you are you comfortable selling to UHNW individuals and passionate about helping them find and create their next ultra-luxury holiday, then TJB Private Travel could be your next career move.
TJB Private Travel is our newly launched division that offers our valued Super Yacht charter customers exclusive access to a collection of the world’s finest villas, private islands, chalets and safari. We want to establish TJB as a full-service travel solution, providing the very best of holidays on either sea or land. We are a dynamic, close-knit team with exceptional work culture and offices in Italy, Sweden, Holland and the US.
What you will be doing
- Building your list of potential clients by researching internal and external databases, websites and social media
- Proactively targeting your list through outbound sales calls, emails and visits (both face-to-face and virtual) and converting them from potential clients to TJB clients.
- Respond and track inbound enquiries that come from TJB emails, social media and our yacht brokers.
- Building relationships with suppliers & partners to ensure we are able to provide the most suitable choices for the customer’s requirements.
- Manage and own your clients’ holiday experience from booking concierge services if required to follow up post-booking.
- Maintain strong relationships with clients to ensure repeat business.
- Ensure you are consistently exceeding both your sales activity and financial targets.
- Continue to research and study different travel destinations, be up to date with the relevant property options and be aware of trends and the latest travel news as the in-house TJB Travel Expert.
- Work as part of a growing team to achieve both individual & collective success
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of the most suitable Travel Product for each customer
- Managing travel bookings from enquiry to completion
- Collaborating with other TJB departments to ensure best possible experience for our customers
- Building a wide and effective network of contacts inside and outside the organisation
- Gain clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating
- Working productively in a pressurised environment
- Focusing on customers’ needs and satisfaction.
- Ensure all administration (eg. contracts, invoices etc) and databases are managed, accurate and up to date.
- Present to TJB wider team your success and learnings.
- Extensive knowledge of major global destinations and travel products
- High aptitude and passion for sales, ideally with a track record from previous Travel Industry role
- Desire to immerse self into the role and commit to the demands of the role
- Ability to work independently, but enjoys working with people inside and outside of TJB.
- Enjoys working to goals and objectives in a competitive environment
- Previously working experience in SalesForce would be desirable
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- An organised & disciplined attitude towards managing workload
- Passionate about travel and tourism
- Up-to-date understanding of the latest tourism trends
- Minimum 5 years in a sales role
- Minimum 5 years in the Travel sector
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Sales Force experience preferred
- Experience working with and selling to UHNW individuals is highly advantageous
- Ability to work from to our Fulham, London Office
What’s in it for you
- Opportunities for career growth within the division & company
- Free onsite gym
- Continued professional development
- Friendly fun and very supportive environment
Type of contract
Internship, 2-week initial placement with potential to extend following a successful review.
The placement is open to recent university graduates who ideally received a grade of 2:1 or higher in their degree.
Eligible to work in the UK. Please note we are unable to sponsor visas for graduate positions.
The team at TJB Super Yachts is passionate and highly motivated, and by choosing to join this team you will receive industry-leading mentorship and support in an energetic and professional environment. We are seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and forward-thinking graduates to join our internship programme. During the programme you will be given the opportunity to learn more about TJB Super Yachts and the Super Yacht Industry while working on notable, cutting-edge projects, developing your practical and theoretical knowledge surrounded by industry experts.
What you will be doing
Your primary role will be as a Researcher assisting the team with CRM updates, supporting the yacht brokers, and the marketing department. Alongside researching, you will assist the team in a range of duties such as:
- Email campaigns
- Creating bespoke itineraries and destinations guides
- Building exceptional and powerful presentations for clients
- Helping to build our rich media library
- Yacht/Market research
- Office and admin tasks
This internship experience would be ideal for an extremely organised, innovative and ambitious person who is comfortable working independently and as part of a fast-paced team.
- Enthusiasm with the passion to achieve and reach targets.
- A strong desire to develop great people skills, as communication and relationship building is at the heart of what we do.
- Organisational skills, the ability to prioritise tasks and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.
- Excellent attention to detail in both research and presentation skills.
- Good working knowledge of the complete Microsoft Office package.
- Incentive to use initiative and lateral thinking to add value to the business.
What You Can Expect From Us
Being part of the TJB Super Yachts team means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward-thinking. Bring your talent and ambition to TJB and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
- You will receive practical, on the job training within all departments by the team of industry experts.
- You will have responsibility for your own projects and progress reports.
- You will gain valuable experience and transferable skills from working on a CRM database and bespoke spreadsheets.
- You will enjoy social atmosphere where you’ll build relationships throughout the business.
- We have commitment to support a reasonable work life balance.
- The role will initially be for a 2-week unpaid work experience (expenses covered) we will provide a lunch allowance of up to £10 per day and a travel expenses to be agreed on a case-by-case basis.
- Following a successful 2-week work experience there is potential for you to be taken on as part of a paid internship to be reviewed on a fortnightly basis.
- Based on a star-like performance in your internship, there may be an opportunity for you to become a permanent member of the TJB team and start your career with us.
TJB Super Yachts is a dynamic and fast-growing brokerage, operating in one of the most exciting industries in the world. This enthusiastic team strives to combine the traditional yachting values of passion and discretion with next generation technology. We have a reputation built on the consistency of our impeccable customer service. Based in South West London, we are perfectly positioned to service clients from around the world and only a short flight away from the super yacht hubs of the Mediterranean.
Don’t See a Role That Suits You?
Please send your CV and a cover letter detailing the potential role you are interested in and we will be in touch when a fitting position arises. In the meantime, keep an eye on our website or follow us on Instagram, LinkedIn or Facebook for future vacancy updates.
Our team of yacht brokers and office staff are based in Coda Studios, in the heart of Fulham in London. Employees will have access to on-site parking, a brand-new gym and lounge area in the building. We are located just a short walk from Parson’s Green Tube Station. As we are constantly striving to attract and retain the best talent, we also have members of the team who work remotely from home, if they do not have accessible links to our office. The team get together regularly at both our office location and at various yacht shows throughout the year ensuring we remain a close-knit team.
Latest Yachting News
Extraordinary yachting adventures for 2023 and beyond
Give someone the gift of travel this Christmas
Our two lucky brokers report back from the Maldives
Read our review of a five-day yacht charter in The Maldives.
Off-season yacht charter
Five Reasons to charter in the low season.