BONS TEMPS Summary
19.53 meters / 64.08 ft
Asking price: $895,000 USD
The Ocean Alexander 64 Pilothouse, crafted by Monk, masterfully blends the attributes of the finest motor yacht with the hardy durability and practical utilities of a genuine cruising yacht. The expansive salon, with its lavish accommodations, confirms its standing as a high-end motor yacht. Yet, the pilothouse is teeming with essential elements for the cruising sailor, such as access to walk-around side decks on both port and starboard sides, a full-scale helm chart table, and a nearby galley and dinette meant for companionable voyages. Beneath the deck, three staterooms and two full bathrooms provide relaxing accommodations for owners and guests, catering to brief coastal getaways or lengthier journeys to far-off waters. The rapid, steady, and efficient Power Channel hull, with a reduced 4-foot draft and a fuel capacity of 1500 gallons, enables owners to travel wherever they please.
Cruising Speeds & Fuel Usage:Ranges to 10 knots at a rate of 1 gallon per mile. From this point to 16 knots, the consumption varies peak at 2 gallons per mile. Full speed can reach over 23 knots.
Manufacturer Provided Description
The Monk designed Ocean Alexander 64 Pilothouse deftly combines the qualities of the most exquisite motor yacht with the tough seaworthiness and no-nonsense features of a true cruising yacht. The expansive salon with its rich appointments leaves no doubt this is a luxury motor yacht. Yet, in the pilothouse, practical considerations for the cruising yachtsman abound - port and starboard access to walk-around side decks, a full-size helm chart table, and an adjacent galley and dinette for companionable cruising. Below, three staterooms and two full heads provide comfortable quarters for owners and guests - for quick jaunts up the coast or extended cruises to more distant waters. The fast, stable and efficient Power Channel hull with reduced 4-foot draft and 1500-gallon fuel capacity take owners wherever they want to go.
Bons Temps” is spacious and able to accommodate multiple guests effortlessly. Its ample seating and roomy staterooms add to the level of comfort offered by Ocean Alexander. Her galley up design allows for the captain and cook to still feel part of the day’s activities. The comfortable wheelhouse and flybridge sports fly-by-wire controls, digital displays and read outs for the Detroit Series 60 motors. An aft starboard docking station is in the cockpit.
Every part of this yacht is a pleasure to be in. Solid handrails and stairs allow those on board to safely transverse through the different levels. Thick handrails for the walk around and swim step access also increase the level of safety for the boat.
- Engine Electronic Digital Display screens (EDM) at 2 stations. Controls in PH, FB and cockpit (3 stations including thrusters).
- Fuel site gauges in Eng. room plus analog tank tender in PH for remaining fuel and water.
- Twin Disc Transmissions
- Props 34 x 43" (4) blade High Performance Ni-Bral
- Manual overrides for engines (Eng. room and PH) - allows full Detroit engine and gear operation in case anything goes wrong with throttles or computer.
- PYI Dripless shaft & Rudder seals.
- Hydraulic windlass, bow and stern thrusters (both 25 HP), stabilizers, & davit.
- Hydraulic Steering.
- FCI Water maker Max Q (w/dual controls PH & Eng. room) output 1200 gallons per day.
- Halon System (FB & PH meters) for engine room fire prevention. Manual in cockpit.
- Groco Oil change pump for engines & both gen sets.
- Gulf Coast Fuel Polish System, includes transfer pump and vacuum gauge. Clean / polish fuel without using the primary or 2nd engine fuel filters.
- Professional Mariner 3 Battery chargers, engines, gen sets and house.
- 3rd alternator for house batteries - has a Victron Meter in PH for digital voltage read out. This also displays main engine battery state.
- Northern Lights 20 Kw (port) & 8 Kw (starb.) gen sets, both w/Aqua Alarms. Separate on/off controls and meters for both gen sets in PH and Eng room.
- Smoke/fire alarms above engines and all State rooms, all 3 are hooked in tandem.
- A total of 4 Jabsco engine room blowers.
- 110- and 12-volt separate lighting systems (same for lazarette).
- Custom tool case (w/ a good complement of tools, including torque wrench)
- Battery switch and battery parallel system (upgraded).
- Dual primary Racor fuel filters for engines and gen sets with selector switch and vacuum gauge.
- All piping for fuel, water and hydraulics is color coded.
- Fresh water high pressure wash-down hose in Eng. Room
- Air horn, dual station.
- Custom hard-top. Fully enclosed with Isinglass and extra zippered fold down windows.
- Custom large instrument pod allows viewing of all 4 monitors.
- Hatch (opening sunroof) in hard top.
- Custom Circuit Breaker panel with spare C/B. (For instruments on the F.B.)
- Perko Spotlight (360º mounted on top of hardtop).
- Storage in Settee with custom divided backrest for easy access.
- Table folds down to convert settee into to a bed with Filler.
- Extra storage hatches and drawers.
- BBQ (in custom cabinet on dinghy deck).
- U Line ice maker in a refrigerator.
- Sub-Zero Freezer.
- Two (2) command chairs.
- Overhead Red lights for night navigation.
- Custom cabinets with S/S fiddles.
- 2nd handrail from PH to FB.
- Special toggle switch to turn off/on Eng. room lights for TV camera viewing of engine room.
- Extra l10v duplex for charging phones, flashlights, portable vacuum etc.
- Cradle point router with LTE and 5G Connectivity to internet via Hotspots or Local Internet service.
- 4 KW Trace Inverter includes battery charger for house batteries.
- Separate Trace digital control/readout in PH. Inverter allows running many 110v appliances without using the gen sets.
- Customized Circuit Beaker panel is in Pilot House.
- Extra bank L16 heavy duty house Trojan batteries (total of 3 banks (= 12
batteries) for 1050 amps). Custom storage boxes on top of batteries.
- Victron digital full battery monitoring system in PH
- 70 ft (50-amp 220V) dock power cord on Glendenning Cable Master. (2nd 50-amp power plug is amidships).
- Rudder bearings - dripless.
- Drogue Sea anchor.
- Custom oversized instrument pod allows 4 large monitors.
- Stidd command chair.
- Pictogram with LEDs (displays what is on or off)
- Defrosters for all 3 front PH windows. Each front window has its own wiper and washer.
- Storage under settee (via custom divided backrests).
- Phantom screen doors, also one in Salon.
- Plugs and USB ports to charge phones, cameras etc. Charging station for several instruments either 110 or 12 volts.
- Computer with wireless keyboard and mouse. Mouse also works from fly bridge. Computer installed with Nobeltec Time Zero Navigation Software integrated with Autopilot, GPS, Charts and Wi-Fi.
HULL & DECK:
- Key Power Hydraulic Bow and Stern thrusters. Both are 25 HP. (3 stations).
- Key Power Hydraulic Stabilizers – color control touch screen on flybridge.
- Bennett Trim tabs have auto level (PH & FB) - i.e. they automatically return to a neutral position when boat is stopped.
- Oval shaped SS rails with four (4) custom built-in fender holders near bow. 2nd safety rail is also SS. Additional custom storage for fenders.
- Custom pulpit w/ two (2) SS anchors* / 2 custom anchor lockers.
- Starb anchor locker has custom haws pipe for rope and chain:
- 75 lb SS CQR w/ 500 ft chain.
- 60 lb SS CQR w/ 50 ft chain + 300 ft, ¾ inch anchor rode (stored off boat, but comes with).
- Maxwell VWC 3500 hydraulic winch handles both anchors.
- Maxwell 500C digital control and chain counter on FB for automatic hands-free anchoring. (Can be push button automatic anchoring to raise or lower the anchor.)
- Custom storage locker on bow behind windlass.
- Flat pad area on bow for an optional 3 bait tank
- Dedicated bait pump.
- Salt and fresh water wash down hose bibs on bow - salt wash down is a high pressure-volume 110v pump.
- Ladder amidships is SS, folds up, can be moved to Port/Starb, (stored off boat, but comes with}.
- Bower Hydraulic 1500-lb Davit System
- Two (2) extra port holes
- Popup cleats on swim step
- Electronic systems (almost all) have separate controls at PH and FB.
- Complete wiring diagram for all electronics,
- All manuals are indexed and stored in custom locker below.
- Built-in Professional Mariner Corrosion Controller Meter (reads zincs and bonding) / portable Corrosion control meter.
- Professional Mariner Galvanic Shore Isolators (1 per shore power cord) have LED error warning lights.
- Maxwell Chain counter/auto anchor system w/digital display on FB (Push button or manual anchor up or down)
- Furuno Auto Pilot
- Nobeltec Time Zero GPS computer program w/map. Works on all 4 monitors
- Furuno monitors also have a Nav Net Data Plotter - boat has total of five (5) separate Data Plotter- navigation GPS screens.
- Hailer is fully functional with 2nd intercom system to dedicated speakers, fore and aft parabolic speaker horns.
- Marine Marketing Burglar alarm hooked to hailer's parabolic speaker horns. Main motion sensor is in PH by starb. door.
- 2 Icom M 602 VHF w/ 3rd hand-remote mike in cockpit. The PH VHF has 23’ Galaxy high dba antenna, the FB has 8’ antenna. Both VHF radios have remote ICOM SP 24 speakers.
- VDO Rudder position indicator gauge is an analog meter and is separate from 2nd digital for Auto Pilot rudder indicator.
- B & G Wind direction gauge.
- Aqua alarms for engines, gen sets and cockpit bait pumps.
- Furuno Nav 500 Autopilot (can follow Nobeltec, Nav Net or Sonar fish targets).
- Full function on either the Nobeltec or Nav Net. Furuno PG 500 Heading and Motion Sensors.
- A-Phone, 5 stations intercom system.
- Elbex Video camera engine room (tilt zoom/pan) / Custom light switch on Fly Bridge for engine room lights for video camera / video camera in cockpit tilt/zoom)
- Raytheon Night Vision camera (InfraRed allows 360-degree vision in fog, at night, etc.) Camera mounted on custom reinforced SS Stinger. Joystick controls in both PH & FB.
- Elbex Video camera control selector switchers at PH/FB
- Icom IC M802 SSB, tuner and antenna. Separate speakers on FB has rheostat.
- 4-inch Copper strap system to Newmar 18E ground shoe.
- Intellian Marine Satellite System for TV (Salon and MSR so 500+ TV channels, + Furuno NavNet) / 3rd TV in guest state room / TV on PH & FB monitors.
- Two Furuno 64-mile radars, with open array antennas - both with ARPA cards to auto trace-follow targets.
- Sonar with two Furuno CH 252 controls (PH/FB) is full function /multi direction with 1/2-mile range. Sonar has separate SPC, 12-watt speaker on FB. Fully integrated with other electronics, GPS, auto pilot, etc. Toggle switch allows FB vs Salon control of the Sonar.
- Furuno IF-8000DS interface unit.
- Furuno GD 1900BBNT Plotter Processor.
- Furuno ETR 6/10 Fish Finder.
- Furuno Rudder Reference unit.
- Nav Net/Sonar toggle switch.
- Professional Mariner upgraded bonding system double thick copper strapping length of boat, Shaft Wipers in Eng. room, hooked up to the Professional Mariner Bonding-Zinc reading meter in PH.
- Furuno GP 320 GPS (2 of) with GPS selector switch. Each fully integrated with other electronics.
- Blue Seas AC multi-meter is digital and multi-functional (Volts, amps etc.) for 110- & 220-volt systems.
- Flybridge and Pilot House Ritchie Compasses.
- Professional Mariner Two (2) shore isolators with warning LEDs (1 per 50-amp dock cord) to help prevent stray current that causes electrolysis or Galvanic Corrosion. The aft dock cord in cockpit is push button auto in or out (Glendenning Cable Master CM-7).
- Aqua alarms for engines, gen sets & bait tanks are each distinctive alarm bells or buzzers.
- Bennett Trim Tabs, PH & FB both have auto neutral.
- Glover Air horn.
- Neumar Power Converter DC-DC.
- Neumar Tank Watch meter (for holding tank).
- Hart Tank Watch Tank Tender (for fuel and water).
- Trace 4 KW Inverter with screens in PH and Lazarette.
- Computer generated wiring diagram for all the basic electronic systems.
- FB has two (2) Furuno 15” and two (2) 10.4".
- PH has four (4) Samsung 15" monitors.
(Note: The PH & FB instrument pods were customized, and the size increased to hold four (4) monitors each.)
Nav Net System by Furuno includes:
- Nobeltec Time Zero Navigational software system includes charts of the East Coast, Bahamas, BVI, US West Coast and Mexico.
- Fish/depth finder. Furuno ETR 6 10N
- Radar (two of) 64-mile 6KW both with ARPA cards. Furuno Nav 1943C
FISHING & COCKPIT:
- Custom C/B off-on switch panel in cockpit for accessories, lights, pumps; includes VHF remote, intercom, cigar plugs etc.
- 3rd control station (+ throttles/thrusters) in starb locker. Used for landing big fish or backing into a slip.
- Oberdorfer bait pumps Bait tank in cockpit has 2 pumps + 2 "Y" valves (each with Aqua Alarms) and light inside the tank.
- Jabsco Bait tank built into swim step with double doors, and it doubles as a fish kill box (auto filling). Has a separate bait pump.
- Bracket for removable fighting chair, or folding table.
- Jabsco Salt wash pump is high pressure 110 V with hose bibs both in cockpit & bow.
- Custom rod holder hidden inside the lazarette for pole storage / Rod storage in cockpit ceiling.
- 3 tackle center cabinets designed for fishing and/or equipment storage.
- Shower on swim step is hot/cold / Separate overboard freshwater spigot above swim step.
- Custom "T" fold down ladder heavy duty for SCUBA diving or swimming on the swim step is heavily reinforced.
- Two (2) Quartz Spreader lights for the cockpit in addition to standard lighting.
- 2 Under water led multi color lights.
- Three (3) Samsung TV sets - Two (2) w/ Dish TV receiver box hooked to the Intellian antenna (for over 500 channels). Salon TV raises/lowers from custom cabinet. Salon TV and/or Mstr. stateroom TV can show what is on Nav Net Furuno screen. • Can also watch TV on PH or FB Monitor screens.
- Sony DVD/AM/FM/CD player. Five (5) rooms w/speakers each have separate in room rheostat for volume (includes cockpit) or can use the master volume-speaker control for all speakers in the salon.
- Nav Net (radar, plotter, fish finder etc.) can be seen on Salon and MSR TVs.
THRUSTERS / STABILIZERS:
- Key Power Bow and stern thrusters are 3 station-25 HP.
- Key Power Stabilizers
- Five (5) Jabsco bilge pumps and the 3 high water alarms each have LED lights on the Pictogram above the command chair in the PH and indicates which navigation lights are on.
- Extra rocker arms switches on each side.
- Cruise Air A/C + heating (5 units for 5 zones w/5 controls, all with dehumidify function)
- Overhead Red-light system for night navigation includes Galley, FB, PH
- Fresh water hose, located by custom BBQ cabinet on Dinghy deck.
- AB RIB 10.5 ft. Dinghy with 20 hp Honda outboard. Stored on custom stainless-steel racks on flybridge.
- Torrid Water heater 30 gallons.
- Custom burl trim and doors.
- Metal mini blinds.
- Screens for PH and Salon are Phantom roller.
- Many extra handholds & grab rails for safety.
- Several custom SS fiddles (Eng room door, FB, PH, etc.)
- Custom marble countertop design and includes extra cabinets & drawers, two (2) backsplashes, Two (2) extra 110 plugs.
- Garbage disposal.
- Instant hot water, built-into countertop.
- GE Dishwasher.
- Amana Refrigerator w/ice maker includes side freezer. Instant ice and water-in-door. Refrigerator glass shelves were replaced with clear Lexan.
- 2nd ice maker on FB.
- Whirlpool Oven.
- Kenyon Cooktop (Ceramic) with custom pot/pan "gimbal'" holders.
- GE Washer and separate Dryer for cloths in hall by MSR.
- Broan Trash compactor.
- GE Spacemaker Microwave.
- Several extra custom cabinets / built-in Lazy Susan for food storage.
- 1 Masterflush in Master Stateroom and 1 Vacuflush in guest head
- 100-gal holding tank with “Y” valves (over-board or holding tank).
- Meter to read how full the holding tank is, easy to pump out.
- Marble floor and counter tops.
- Soap dispensers (built into counter tops).
- All glass shower enclosures, with safety latches. Extra towel holders.
- Front & side windows (3 pieces that are zippered).
- Full enclosure of FB
- Dinghy cover.
- Windlass cover.
- Dinghy deck hatch by stairway to cockpit.
- Boat has 3 separate C/B panels rather than the standard one. All C/B are color coded. Plenty of spares for the 12-, 24-, and110-volt systems.
There is a printed numbered index for all manuals, which are also numbered. The manuals are in 3 plastic storage containers that are temporarily stored in a dedicated locker in Mstr. Stateroom. Approx. 99.5% of all manuals are aboard.