Despite global events, 2022 will go down in yachting history as a record-breaking year for yacht sales and charters. The statistics in our TJB Sales Market Review indicate a robust industry that will weather the storm. We are well-prepared for 2023, but we understand it will be a difficult year for many people.
I am extremely proud of our team at TJB Super Yachts and what we have achieved this year. Our Yacht Charter brokers have managed hundreds of successful yacht charters over the summer and winter cruising seasons. Alongside this, the Yacht Sales division made its first yacht purchase within months of launching. These successes have enabled us to double our TJB team and hire the best talent in the industry.
As ever, I want to thank our industry partners and loyal clients for coming with us on the journey. Next year we celebrate our 10th anniversary – it’s been quite a ride! I look forward to seeing where the next ten years will take us.
Tim Johnson, CEO and Founder
TOP FIVE DESTINATIONS FOR YACHT CHARTERS
The Mediterranean continues to dominate the yacht charter market. Europe was our most popular region for yacht charters this year. The Bahamas came in close second and continues to attract those winter-sun seekers. Behind the scenes, the increase in demand for off-grid yachting destinations continues to grow. With a stylish fleet of yachts based in far-flung places such as Fiji, Costa Rica, French Polynesia and the Galapagos Islands, we are excited to work on more yachting holidays with a touch of adventure next year.
EXPANDING OUR HORIZONS
Earlier this year, TJB announced our expansion into the USA. Our first office opened in Fort Lauderdale with the unrivalled expertise of Nicole Haboush running the team. We are also excited to announce the opening of our new office in Holland. This strategic move allows us to work closely with some of Europe’s leading shipyards. With rising demand for new-build superyachts, an office in this northern part of Europe is an exciting move for TJB.
INTRODUCING TJB PRIVATE TRAVEL
Possibly the most exciting news of the year was the launch of TJB Private Travel. With Lori Laius at the helm as our Managing Director, we can formalise our handpicked collection of private homes for hire and luxury travel experiences. The word is private: Private islands, private safari lodges, private beach houses, private penthouses and private ski chalets – the TJB Private Travel collection gives you exquisite escapism. After a successful trip to an exclusive luxury travel trade show in Italy, 2023 will come with exciting partnerships, more exclusive properties, and announcements. Watch this space!
YACHT SHOWS: SIZE MATTERS
TJB attended seven yacht shows this year: The Monaco Yacht Show, The Cannes Yachting Festival, Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, The Mediterranean Yacht Show, TYBA, MYBA and the Antigua Yacht Charter Show. The running theme across all yacht shows was size. In Monaco, APHO was the largest superyacht ever exhibited, and at 115m she dwarfed her neighbours. CORAL OCEAN had a similar effect at Cannes, and FAITH rose above the rest at the Antigua Yacht Show. In exhibition spaces, we marvelled at the bigger and better new-build superyacht concept designs that will continue to dominate headlines next year.
THE TJB TEAM IS GROWING
With 11 new members joining TJB this year, the team has almost doubled in 2022. We look forward to introducing you to all our new starters in the new year. This is a pivotal time of growth at TJB. Our door is open for highly talented yacht brokers who live and breathe yachting and luxury travel. If you know someone looking for a job opportunity in the superyacht industry, get in touch.
IN THE PRESS
The marketing team was busy in 2022 securing fantastic opportunities for our brokers to feature in leading yachting and luxury lifestyle websites. Click on the links below to read some of their remarkable stories:
- January 2022 – SUPERYACHT TIMES Entrepreneur in Yachting: Tim Johnson of TJB Super Yachts
- February 2022 – SUPERYACHT MAG 5 Reasons to Book your Mediterranean Yacht Charter Now
- February 2022 – ENNESS GLOBAL TJB Super Yachts: Creating Remarkable Experiences
- March 2022 – LUXURY LIFESTYLE MAG Off-the-beaten-path destination for a yacht charter in 2022
- May 2022 – COIN DESK Crypto Is a Luxury Good
- June 2022 – YAHOO! FINANCE The $2 Trillion Crypto Markets’ Impact On The High-End Luxury Goods Industry
- July 2022 – SUPERYACHT TIMES Top superyacht cruising destinations in Turkey
- July 2022 – ONBOARD ONLINE Broker of the Month: Josh Francis, TJB Super Yachts
- August 2022 – YATCO In Conversation with TJB Super Yachts
- August 2022 – TOWN OF PALM BEACH The Yachts are Cool, The Topic is Hot
- August 2022 – SUPERYACHT TIMES Top superyacht cruising destinations in Indonesia
- October 2022 – FORBES INDIA No longer a mere possession: Rich millennials are overhauling the luxury yacht industry
- December 2022 – YATCO Broker of the Month: Nicole Haboush of TJB Super Yachts
We wish you and your loved ones a happy holiday and our very best wishes for 2023.